Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh how time flies when you get your kitchen back

I realize it's been oh let's see...6 months since I've posted anything. I can come up with a million excuses as to why I've waited this long. Mainly, I just got lazy.  With that said, let me give you a quick review of what's happened at 18 Emerson since the last post.

After Puffy passed away, we found the house was missing something.  It was missing the little footsteps that gave it life.  We weren't thinking kids if that what you think.  Think about it, we just spent four months living in reno zone.  In fact, we were just looking at the pictures and neither of us can believe we were crazy enough to live here while it was all going on.  Anyways, long story short, we adopted two little puppies; Teddy & Zoya.
They certainly added a...twist, to the whole getting settled in task.  In fact they helped us unpack the million boxes that were sitting in every room. Okay well they chewed through the boxes which forced us to get off our butts and get it done.  That's considered help isn't it?  All chewing, peeing,chewing barking, chewing, pooping and (did I mention chewing?) aside, they've brought us a lot of happiness and some good laughs.

Other than that, we're finished the first major phase of renovations.  Yes I said first phase.  We still have the basement and mudroom to do.  K so maybe we haven't been THAT busy we just got really excited that we can sit around and watch TV and cook in our beautiful new kitchen and eat home cooked meals again.  So Excited that we've done nothing else for six month ..sigh time really does fly when you get your kitchen back.  Take it from me, as fun as eating out can be, it can become a chore when  you're forced to do it ALLLLL the time. Well my laptop is all out of batteries so I promise, I'll put up pictures before the end of this weekend.  Until then, Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors