Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just like the Energizer bunny, the renos keep going and going and going and going..............

I'm so flattered that everyone is so interested in the state of renovations at the house.  So flattered in fact that after a crazy full day at work that makes me want to pass out on the spot, I listen to the needs of my people and I blog!


It's funny that we don't actually realize how crazy it is living in the midst of insane renos until multiple people start asking you when you're moving in. There is that awkward moment where you look at them and say "we moved in a month ago" which is usually followed by another moment of uncomfortable silence (mostly for them, surely they must feel like a douche) and finally, there's the attempt of redemption which usually goes like this:  "Oh wow, good for you guys!".  Listen, we know you're traumatized, you don't have to pretend!  All stress aside, it's actually sort of fun sort of like camping with more noise and no lake to swim in.  Mind you if we had a lake in here then we'd be worried.

I'm happy to report that we have the first check mark on our looooooonnnnnnnggggg list of to do's.  Ahh yes I bet you're dying to know what it is aren't you?!  Well I don't want to keep you waiting so here it is:

That's right folks!  You are looking at a brand new, laundry/makeshift kitchen tap!  Impressed?  We're very proud indeed.

Speaking of the Laundry/makeshift kitchen, the washer and dryer were to arrive on Saturday.  We were so excited to finally have an opportunity to do laundry at home without having to hang with the crackies for a change.  The delivery guys shows up with his "I smoke 8 packs a day" voice acting like he's doing this for free, does some measurements only to let us know that the washer and dryer we've been waiting for does not fit.  Then he steals our precious Lawn toilet flush handle thingie and takes off like a bat out of hell, with our W/D. Crap!  And so we go back to the drawing boards to look for a smaller W/D but after looking in a few locations, we decided to see if we can break some more stuff down, mainly a door way to see if that gives us the space we need to keep our original machines. 

In the meanwhile, my lovely brother in-law was busy tearing down wall paper at the house.  He was doing an outstanding job too!  We were all excited with all the progress at the house and we decided to get right in there and after doing some measuring, Val's fabulous uncle Louie, took a hammer and crow bar (is that how you spell it?) to the frame and took that shit down!!

Unfortunately, for Paul, the wall that he was working on came with it :S. 
 Well, new walls it is then!

While this was happening...


My super awesome father in-law has been on our case about putting tiles on the wall.  We didn't quite understand why, give then beautiful Pepto Bismol pink tiles mixed in with random floral patterns, luxurious Pepto pink cardboard mixed in with a lovely array of wall paper left overs.  But hey to each their own I guess. 

Given the current no Washer Dryer situation, we finally went in and bought some tile so he can ruin our existing fancy decor and put up some tile.  You know that saying "be careful what you wish for"?  Well, unfortunately for papa Alves, we wanted subway tile :)  that's right, awesome, simple small, tile!! Poor thing, spent the next two days putting up tiles.
 we're now waiting for the grout to finish the job.  Thanks dad!!

Before I bring you above ground i also thought I'd show you what a vintage stove looks like.  Isn't it great that adding "vintage" in front of any word, makes it fancy?  For example, vintage car, vintage jewlery, vintage dirty diapers...k well maybe not everything.  Anyways, here's the awesomeness that is our vintage stove:
So now lets step into the light.  The sunlight that is!!
After a day of running around doing God knows what, I came home to find that Val and his brother had been hard at work, cleaning up the front yard.  Am I the only one that didn't know weeds can grow into tree form??? WTF?!
Anyways, they were so hard at work that they even inspired kitty to venture out into some yard work.
 
The only trouble is that kitty's version of yard work involves the neighbour's yard and I suspect some property marking.  

Weeds aside though, we also have some fantabulous roses out there that Val wants to take down...you heard it here people! My husband wants to kill my roses.  (See honey?  Never question me, I will expose you on the blog!!!)
To save my roses, please contact Val and tell him I am right!!


Well, now that that is out of the way, let's move this show to the back.  Those of you who have spoken to me at this point will know that we have a cherry tree in the backyard.  Val jokes that I bought the house because of the tree....is it a joke? Really? Is it?  I've been eating off the tree already; being as impatient as I am.  I can't help myself, it's so tempting.  If you don't believe me, take a look:
 We were also told we have some lettuce in the backyard.  I don't know about you but this has to be the strangest looking "lettuce" I've ever seen. 
You better hope you don't run into my lettuce in a dark alleyway anytime soon.  It'll F*ck you up!!

Well.  That's it for tonight folks!  Thanks for reading!

Cheers!

P.S. if you want to come see the house, just say so.  "Oh, I just happened to be in the neighborhood" is just too obvious ;).  Seriously, come by anytime!  Just don't be surprised if we hand you a hammer and put you to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors